Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dog

A while back on my other blog I posted sketches of my silly pointer, Weetie.
He's a definite character, and offers lots of choice opportunities for drawing. This I've just done from memory on the Cintiq, and it probably shows--I'll try and do some tonight on paper and from life. I'll see just how far off I go when trying to access my Stanislavskian sense-memory of wrestling with this monster.





Click on the drawing to make it bigger
...and here's the inspiring subject, hungry again:

3 comments:

Dave Pimentel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave Pimentel said...

I Love your drawings!!! They have so much character and strength in them and they're confident and clear. You go girl!

Dogex99 said...

Excellent blog and thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts here. I also love dogs and I decided to put together a website dedicated to dog training. However, I am actually trying to offer both some general tips for training your dog and some breed-specific training techniques. I believe each dog breed is slightly different and thus requires an adaptation of the standard dog training methods, to suit the breed’s behavioral patterns and genetic predispositions.

This is why I believe there is quite a bit of difference between old Danish pointer training and Thai Ridgeback dog training. Or between Valley bulldog training and Sakhalin Husky training. Each breed has its own distinct personality, and an independent breed like the husky will be different when it comes to obedience training than a bulldog or a ridgeback.

There are hundreds of dog breeds I wish to cover and I am only half way through, but I hope to turn my site in the best dog training resource on the Internet quite soon.

An excellent day to everyone reading this!

Michael R.
Webmaster – expert dog training advice at www.expert-dog-training.com